Saturday, April 9, 2011

350 Cards & Gifts Week: The Home Decor Challenge

So Friday's challenge over at Moxie Fab World was to Paper Craft something that could be used to decorate your house with.  I think this is an excellent idea and one that I do often especially when I can't find that perfect item in stores to finish off a decor idea I have in mind.  

So for my entry into the 350 Cards & Gifts: The Home Decor Challenge I have made up a couple canvases that each showcase a special picture to me in a way that a conventional picture frame just couldn't. 

The first is a Canvas with a  picture of my Husband and I after we got engaged in Maui.  I am really happy with the way this one turned out.  I embellished it minimally as I felt the Seaside Overlay did a good job of adding enough elements and I didn't want it to feel overdone.


I did add a shell from the beach to give it that added "Beachy Feel"


The next one I did was for an Engagement picture of my Husband and I and to make it I used tissue paper we got from our Engagement party. 





I added our initials to the heart to personalize it a little more. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stacie! Thanks for linking this up to the Home Decor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

    ReplyDelete