Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10 Days Until Christmas

 Today while browsing through some Blogs I came a cross a craft that makes use of all those old magazines we have laying around the house.  I was turned onto this idea by The Scrapoholic who had found the idea on Auntie REcREates (so thanks to both of you for the great idea).   So when I saw this I just had to try it and it turned out great there are some fine tweaks I would make the next time but otherwise this is a great craft that is really easy and can be done while sitting in front of the TV as I did while watching the Canucks game with my Husband. 


Now don't mind the poor decorations on the finished product I didn't have time to go to Michael's and get some decorations worthy of my Magazine Tree.   I can see now why one would use a book as the colors are limited to white and a little black from the type.  I  think unless I spray paint this magazine version the decorations that I put on this tree are going to be over powered by all the colors that are popping out of the pages.   I think I would spray paint my tree Silver and accent it with Purple hued decorations, I can't wait to give it a try. 


1 comment: